Saturday, February 21, 2009

Something Special

Yesterday was a pretty neat day. I went to my semi-annual meeting with the Industrial Advisory Committee (IAC) for the USU Dept of Electrical and Computer Engineering. We normally meeting during Engineering week which was last week and then in October the Friday of Homecoming Weekend. As part of the February the College of Engineering the University gives out their awards for the year. This year I received the Utah State University - Distinguished Service of the Year for 2008 -2009 from the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE). This was as total surprise. They said I received the honor for everything I have done for the university over the years and also for the Dept of ECE. Over the years I have helped the IEE, the SWE, and the ACM student professional groups. I have provided seminars on how to prepare for a job interview, how to write a resume, participated in several mock interviews, worked with career services, supported Dept of ECE in their ABET Certification, was the chair person for 2 for the IAC, taught classes for the ECE Dept, and many other things. I did this things to help students and was a total surprise when I received this service awards.

6 comments:

Princess Lisa said...

Congratulations, Kenny! While it's no surprise to any of us who know you... it's nice to receive validation for serving and being the wonderful guy you are! I love you!

The Gleediator said...

Congratulations! I loved seeing the award and am very proud of you!

Lonna said...

woo hoo! Go Kenny! It is nice to see you recognized for the kind and generous man that you are! Congrats!!!

Bryan said...

Thanks for letting me be there to listen to your talk and to see you receive the award. Congrats

Natalie said...

Congrat's Dad!! You deserved it! It was fun to see you get your award and listen to you speak!! Love you!

Harbison Family said...

Congratulations! Finally others see what we already knew was true.