Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Today was a great day. I attended my meetings with the Student Stake and it was great to listen to the speakers (College Students) tell about the influence their mom's have had in their lives. They are right, none of us would be who we are without the Love and nurturing of our Moms. Even though my Mom has left this life many years ago, I am very thankful for what she taught me. Some of the many things she taught me are: how to iron clothes, to do the laundry, to cook, to be kind to others. She taught me to be compassionate and to see things from another's point of view, she taught me to be patient and understanding and to treat woman with the utmost respect and one of the biggest things she taught was to be honest in all my dealings. I truly love my Mom for these things. I am who I am because of her.

I treasure another mother in my life, my Wife, and know that my children are who they are because of her nurturing influence in their lives. I love my wife dearly and appreciate the blessing she is in my life, for her love and her desire to serve her Heavenly Father. She is my lover, my friend, my cherish companion and my pal. Her biggest diamond in the sky is her very compassionate heart. She is always thinking of others first and together we are always doing things for people. Over the years she has open our home to friends and family and created the Stevens' Hotel. She has made many different things to make their life better, happier, and even easier. I am a fortunate man to have a loving wife and 3 caring daughters; they are the Stars that light up my life.

Again I'm am very thankful for Mother's Day and the opportunity to reflect on the blessings of Motherhood. It is a gift from Heavenly Father to have a mother in our lives. I look forward to seeing my Mom and my Heavenly Parents for the eternities with my wife and family at my side. Truly there is no finer blessing for any of God's children.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

That was really nice. Thank you for sharing. You are right, we are who we are because of your wonderful MOM's. Love you too, DAD.

Lonna said...

Kenny, I only have one comment. What? I can't read it cause it's written in "good eyes only" print. I am sure I would like it if I could see it.

the Cheerful Optimist said...

I have increased the font size three times. I hope this helps. It is now written in "Over-forty Print"!!