Friday, August 8, 2008

Vacation Update

Vacation has been so busy and so much fun that I haven't read any blogs until this morning. We have been swimming, gone to the park, to the zoo, done some shopping, played games, fixed bikes, went for a long bike ride and have thoroughly enjoyed being with the grandkids and with Melissa and Josh. What a great diversion from work. Cindy and I needed that. The girls have enjoyed their American Gril dolls and visiting the American Girl store while the boys went to 2 baseball games.

The Texas Rangers versus the Yankees and my Yankees came in second while Texas was next to last. The second game was a minor league team called the AirHogs names after the Grand Prairie squadron in world war II. Both games were very enjoyable.l My brother Gary who I have not seen in about 3 -4 years was able to go to the second game.

It was great to see him and get caught up on his family. He retired last April and is taking care of Abigail, Dawn's daughter. He is aging well but not as well as me!!!! It was a fun two nights.
I have taken a lot of pictures and will upload them when I get back home.

I went to the blog today because there is something special about today. It won't happen again for 1000 years but a similar thing will happen next year. This is a trivia question not a brain teaser and I don't know if you can find it on the internet but it should be there.

4 comments:

Princess Lisa said...

8-8-8....and then 9-9-9 next year!!!

Bryan said...

I'm too late!

Natalie said...

I totally knew that!! Maybe if I wasn't busy actually working this morning I could have been the first!!!

Or maybe not. Lisa does have the fastest one finger typing ability I have ever seen!!!

Bryan said...

Your not supposed to post while on vacation. Your supposed to do it when you get back with pictures. Now you just teased us.