Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Secret - For a Happy Life

I know these times are trying and some days just plain scary. I took comfort in the statement by President Benson quoted below. It gave me peace in my heart and I hope you receive the same comfort and peace.

According to Ezra Taft Benson - The Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson, 106-107

"There is a real sifting going on in the Church, and it is going to become more pronounced with the passing of time. It will sift the wheat from the tares, because we face some difficult days, the likes of which we have never experience in our lives. And those days are going to require faith and testimony and family unity, the like of which we have never had. We must prepare for the great day of the Lord. This preparation must consist of more than just casual membership in the Church. We must be guided by personal revelation and the counsel of the living prophet so that we will not be deceived."

In other words, we need to work hard to have the Spirit with us and we will be comforted during these trying times and we will not be deceived. We heard this counsel in our just completed General Conference.

2 comments:

Bryan said...

I like this blog layout much much better! Good post too!

Natalie said...

Love the Blog Layout. Way to be hip.

I agree. I find that the closer I am to the spirit the more peace I feel!!