Friday, October 17, 2008

Tag and Out

I have been Tagged by Tara.

The rules:
-List 6 Quirks about yourself
-Tag 6 other people
-Tell who tagged you

---------My Quirks-------------------------------------------

1) I hate to have my hair messed up. It curdles the hair on the back of my neck when someone messes it up. There is no reason why this should be, I guess it is my vanity, I always want to look you nice, neat and in control. Messy hair means you are out of control. For the same reason I will forgo a hat if I will be visiting people later. If the occasion warrants it I don't mind wearing a hat and having the hair out of place.

2) This one has no rhyme or reason for its validity, but I think people use to much toilet paper when doing their business. My family harasses me about this. I think 3 or 4 sheets per wipe is sufficient yet some people wad up the toilet paper the size of a softball to get the job done. I think it has to do with the fact that I have unclogged many toilets in my family from to much paper in the bowl. Just imagine putting your hand into that cool water and pulling out 3 softballs of paper!

3) I hate snakes with a passion. I used to be so scared of snakes that I could hear them crawl in the grass. I, once, stop a Little League All Star game when I was about 12 years old. I was playing third base when I hear a snake crawling in the grass. I signaled the Umpire for time out. He asked why, I told him. Then I went looking for the snake behind my position at third base. The snake, a four foot garter snake, was slithering about 7 feet behind me. Once I knew where the snake was, I told the umpire, " Let's play ball'. When I know where the snake lies I am no longer afraid. Today, I am still scared of snakes but not quite as much.

4) I like peanuts, all kinds, and Ice cream, usually Vanilla but I hate to mix them together in a sundae. It must be something on the left side of my brain or maybe a thorn in my foot. Who knows, I don't!

5) I am very afraid of Bees and yet my family expects me to take care of them because I am the Husband, the Dad or the family 'go-to person when they can't do it themselves'. I will do it for the family but I have almost a heart attacked when asked to do it. This fear probably stems from when I was a little boy and ran over a honey bee nest in the ground with our lawnmower. Before I could get into the house, I was stung over 200 times on my legs, arms, back and face. It was a terrible 6 days in recovery.

6) And last but not least, I love to watch movies that I have seen before. I have to watch any movie several times to really appreciate the story, the acting, the humor and any subtleties in the movie. Some movies I could watch over and over and over. To name a few, " Sleepless in Seattle", " National Treasure", "Hunt for Red October", "You've Got Mail", " American President" and many many others. I even like watching TV shows from yesteryear, A-Team, M.A.S.H., Bonanza, M.A.S.H.,Knight Rider, M.A.S.H., Old John Wayne movies, 1997 AZ Win, Don Larson World Series Perfect Game, etc ........................... Lets have a movie night.

Well those are a few of my quirks.

Melissa, Bryan, Misty, Adam, Lonna and Bree you are now tagged.

1 comments:

Natalie said...

I didn't know about the Bee thing. I had now Idea you were so scared!! Good thing we have Bryan he can keep killing the Bee's for you.

It also good to know where I got the food texture thing from. I think I hate oatmeal for the same reason you can mix nuts and Ice Cream!!