Sunday, July 6, 2008

Independence Day _ 2008

4th of July - 4th of July - 4th of July - 4th of July
Today was America's 232 birthday. I love our freedoms and our country. I know it is a choice land above any other land and that Heavenly Father prepared this Land for us today. I love the American Flag, it invokes feelings of joy and happiness. Its Stars and Stripes make it serene, elegant, and strong all at the same time. Since I was a little boy I have loved the looks of this flag even when I did not understand want it met to be patriotic. I love patriotic songs, marching songs and songs that invite brotherhood and peace. Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American" is one of my favorites. "God Bless America", "America the Beautiful" and "This Land is your Land" are also a few. Our National Anthem, "Star Spangled Banner" stands supreme. It is a great story about how Francis Scott Key came to write this special song.
Today we had a family hot dog roast. We did not eat until 8:30PM and we built a fire in our fire pit, ate hot dog and samore's. The kids went swimming in their 6 foot by 10" high pool. Luke is a water magnet. He is into the water in 2 seconds when he sees it. We are thankful for the holidays and the freedom to choose how we celebrate our freedoms.
I just want to say I am proud to be an American and I thanked the Lord for this blessing often. I hope everyone had a great 4th of July and that you remembered what our founding fathers went through to make us the nation we are today.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I to am grateful for this wonderful country. I love to see our National Flag flying high and proud. It makes me think of what our fore fathers went through to give us these rights. I am grateful for all all the men and women serving today to protect those rights that we fought for so long ago. I AM proud to be an American!!!

Lonna said...

Ken, Thanks for taking the time to talk about this great country. It is such a blessing to live free. This is a blessed and sacred land. I really appreciate those who are willing to go and protect the right to freedom all around the world. I can't imagine what it is like to live in a country where freedom is just a dream.