Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Where on Earth is 'Wall E'

You would think taking a very active two-year old to the movies would be a test of courage, stamina and patience. The family, all 10 of us (Bryan and Natalie + 4, Heidi +1, Gramma and Grampa), went to see the new animation movie, 'Wall E'. The movie is about this robot, 'Wall E' that was left on the planet earth to clean up after some problem that contaminated the Earth, whichI miss watching the movie. 'Wall E' is very ingenious and does his work faithful everyday until a spaceship brings an android 'EVE' that is taking picture of earth to see if it is safe to return. When the spaceship returns for the android 'Wall E' gets on board and travel back to the Mother Ship. Ultimately 'Wall E' falls in love with 'EVE'. How do machines fall in Love, maybe that is true artificial intelligence? The movie was very entertaining, I recommend it but I won't give away anymore of the plot so lets get back to the main point of this blog, the everlasting active, very active two year old, Luke.
When the movie started he was completely enthralled with 'Wall E'. During the whole movie he kept calling 'Wall E' by name and wanting to know why he was doing things. He sat there for two hours, can you believe two hours on Grampa's lap! I did not think a very active young man could be still that long. I think the secret is to have a jumbo popcorn next to him and quickly refill it once. He would watch the movie call for 'Wall E' and then eat a few rounds of popcorn. I bet he ate a whole jumbo popcorn by himself. It was great fun and I am looking forward to two great animation movies coming later this year. One at Thanksgiving and One at Christmas, watch for the trailers and remember to take the kids, even the young kids but have plenty of popcorn!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I really enjoyed the movie. I thought it was done really well and it was nice to be in a theater again. It has been so long!!

Lonna said...

You guys needed a break! Who knew the kids would co-operate!

Hallie said...

I LOVE THAT MOVIE! it was so FUNNY!

The Morris's said...

I will go to the movies any time with Luke. I thought the movie was really good.